Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Sheriff's Hat, Some Brains and Love?

Halloween is next week and being the kid that I am, I am guaranteed to pig out on anything chocolate. Unfortunately, no matter how young I am at heart, I'm not a kid anymore. Besides working on a 3-hours biology lab that day, I've also go a calculus midterm to write. 

So to fill the void of going trick-or-treating, I am currently watching The Walking Dead and reading two zombie themed books. The first is The Enemy by Charlie Higson. This book is, simply put, The Walking Dead with only kids...with only kids eh? Who let GONE and The Walking Dead have a love child?

         +      =
Since I have a thing for anything apocalyptic, I love The Walking Dead and the GONE series by Michael Grant. (In fact, they are all packed into my Apocalypse Survival Kit.) So naturally I am loving The Enemy so far. It's action pack, suspenseful and gives you a rush for emotions from anger to sympathy. 

Speaking of sympathy and love child, this brings me to the second zombie book I am currently reading: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. 
The story is told from a zombie perspective....A freaking Walker/Grown-Up? Yup. And believe it or not, this zombie actually falls in love. It really is an unique experience to read this book alongside The Enemy because you almost forget they are two different books and their worlds start merging. One second you hate the Grown-Ups from attacking the children then the next you feel sorry for the hungry zombies. I'm currently working through these two books so I hope to upload a review soon on here or onto Goodreads.

Also keep your eyes open for the Warm Bodies film adaptation. It's set to be released on February 1st, 2013. To be honest, I have no interest in this film, whatsoever. I mean, JUST LOOK AT IT!   
Lastly, I shall leave you guys with one of my favourite songs by Imagine Dragons. Enjoy Demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment